5 Ways to Stay Healthy on Vacation
Whether your plan is to play tourist in your hometown, travel overseas or something in between, unexpected illness can ruin your summer vacation. Use these tips to stay healthy while on the road:
- Travel prepared. Ensure you are up-to-date on immunizations before traveling. If you are leaving the country, you may need more than just your standard vaccines to stay safe. Schedule an appointment with your primary care provider to discuss what you may need.
- Pack for protection. Depending on your final destination, bring items such as sunscreen, bug spray and protective clothing to prevent sunburn and bug bites.
- Bring your own water. If you are staying in the country, help your wallet and the environment by bringing reusable water bottles instead of buying bottled water or sodas.
- Don’t forget first aid. Pack a well-stocked first-aid kit in case of minor scrapes, bumps or bruises.
- Manage your medications. If you take any medications, pack them in the original bottle and make sure you have enough to last until you get back.
Before you take time off, visit your primary care provider for a well visit to discuss healthy habits and get up-to-speed on vaccinations. Don’t have a doctor? Visit TennovaMedicalGroup.com to find a location near you.